Merhaba Ziyaretçi

Gönderen Konu: Space Wolf Codex: Top 5  (Okunma sayısı 3801 defa)

blackwinter

• İleti: 1627
Space Wolf Codex: Top 5
« : Mayıs 29, 2013, 06:03:02 ÖS »
http://space-wolves-grey.blogspot.com/

Codex Summary: The Top 5?!

Hiya boys and girls of 40k! This time I just wanted to do a summary of the codex to find out which units are the best in the codex. I know it's hard to say that there are units that are better than others as many will disagree on some of them, still I would like to give it a shot. As we all have different ways of playing the space wolves army, there are of course some units we will never agree upon, but some we all will be coming back to any given day. I've been thinking alot over this, and it's hard to pick out the units since there are many that will work out well in synergies, but all in all i think the ones i ended up with are the ones that will always be included in my army. Actually, i could make a pretty big army with
only these units and still be content.

I wasn't entirely sure about how I was going to rank the units, so I'll just state them in not particaular order.

Rune Priests:

The Rune Priest will probably always be there for me, as he can fill many a role on the battlefield and the insanely good psychic protection that he offers. Tyranids seem to be pretty popular these days as well along with Eldar getting a new codex, Chaos Space Marines and Chaos daemons and last but not least grey knights being in abundance still. This guy here will be there to make the day a bit rougher on these armies as they all have a tendency to have quite the deal of pyschic powers. All in all 6th Edition made these guys even better since there has been quite a big focus on psychic powers.
He's also quite the cheap choice.

Grey Hunters:

The Core of any army is the troops. Now, for space wolves it is even more true than for many other armies. The grey hunters can dish out quite many attacks and make for sturdy scoring units that also has access to great special upgrades like the Wolf Standard and Mark Of The Wulfen. In addition to those upgrades that make you much better in assault, you can have flamers, meltas and plasmaguns. They can in reality do any job that the rest of the army can do, but maybe not as effective or at the same range.

Cheaper than codex marines and packs alot more punch.

Long Fangs:

One or two groups of long fangs is hard to resist including since they are very cheap long range firepower. They are great, and 6th edition didn't make 'em any worse off than before. Synergies with these guys are often in the form of Divination powers from a Rune Priest and an aegis defence line or a bastion. It's a good plan.

I think Long Fangs will be around for quite some time, since heavy weapons are a great in 6th. The ability to fire snap shots after moving with a model equipped with a heavy weapon is a big boost in my eyes.

Also, if you use Logan Grimnar you can give these guys relentless if you want them to move around while firing at full Ballistic Skill.

Wolf Guard:

Wolf Guard i included mostly because of the option of infinite customization. I mean, it's all in there except for heavy weapons, partially not true since you have the opportunity to take things like missile launchers and assault cannons for every 5th model in the squad. As a fun little twist with this unit you can include Arjac Rockfist, who isn't bad, just a bit too expensive for me to include. These guys can go with Land Raiders or drop pods.

Logan Grimnar makes these guys scoring as well if you plan to use him. I'll warn that at 1500 point games this can prove slightly inefficient.

Wolf Priest:

I've really loved the way the wolf priest works out. He is the greatest tool box you can toss into a grey hunter squad who is armed to the teeth with plasma guns and the like. With Preferred enemy you get to re-roll all ones that are rolled to hit, with plasma weapons, that really helps out when you want to lessen the chances of gets hot. Not to mention Saga Of The Hunter which gives them the ability to outflank. You could also take a maximized squad of Grey Hunters with a Wolf Guard and a Wolf Priest into a land raider and release the Havoc. Oh, i almost forgot! They are fearless as well
Sigismund replied.'"Are we going to scrap about it now. Argue which Legion is the toughest?
The answer always is, the Wolves of Fenris" Torgadon put in "because there clinically insane."
-1st captain of the imperial fists and Captain of the 2nd Company of the luna wolves.
"Horus Rising"